EFFERVESCENCE wants to highlight the Québec innovative small and medium enterprises (SME) operating in the life sciences and health technology (LSHT) sector and developing innovations that contribute to making the sector more responsible and sustainable.
The companies we are looking for stand out thanks to an innovative approach in their processes, technologies, product, or service offering. We expect the innovations to contribute to the United Nations sustainable goals such as equality in access to health care, decarbonization of health care or waste reduction of the sector.
The three SMEs selected as finalists will be featured during the prize ceremony at EFFERVESCENCE and one of them will have the opportunity to win the Quebec chief innovator Prize! Your SME will have the opportunity to shine in front of an audience of more than 500 people, comprised of investors, entrepreneurs, researchers, and industry leaders, all brought together at EFFERVESCENCE to discover the most promising opportunities for collaboration and creation of the future of life sciences.
To be eligible, the applicant SME must:
- Operate in the LHST sector;
- Be incorporated and have its global headquarters in Quebec for more than 3 years;
- Have between 2 and 500 employees;
- Have an annual revenue between $250 000 and $30 million;
- Stand out thanks to an innovative product, service, process or technology that meets a sustainable development goal.
The winning SME will get the Quebec chief innovator Prize.
This prize comes with an important visibility for the company as well as with support from the Quebec Innovation Council, which will surely lead to many collaborations and business opportunities!
Other prizes will be further announced!
PRIZE AWARDED BY M. LUC SIROIS
M. Luc Sirois, Quebec’s Chief Innovator
The next steps are as follows:
- Last day to apply is March 1, 2023.
- The finalist SMEs will receive notice of their selection on March 20, 2023.
- On May 3rd, the Quebec chief innovator Prize will be awarded to the winning SME, live at EFFERVESCENCE.
SMEs representatives are required to be available on May 3rd and be present in Montreal for the event.
The three (3) finalist SMEs will be selected based on the excellence of their application by a committee comprised of multidisciplinary experts.
Special attention will be given to the following evaluation criteria:
- Answer to a societal challenge: the solution developed by the SME contributes to resolving a societal challenge as defined in the United Nations sustainable goals (decarbonization of health care, medical innovation, inclusivity, technical processes more responsible and sustainable…);
- Scope of the innovation: the innovation is transformative for the people or organizations that use it, or it changes the business processes paradigm as well as having a positive impact on the community.
The selection committee will also consider the following aspects:
- Differentiation: the SME significantly stands out from its competitors thanks to this innovation;
- Collaboration: the SME has created its innovation in collaboration with other organizations from the Quebec research and innovation ecosystem;
- The team: the leadership team has relevant and complementary expertise and experience.