The “EFFERVESCENCE Stars” competition recognizes three young researchers in Quebec who have distinguished themselves through their scientific contributions and who have collaborated with industry and/or created one or several companies in the life sciences and health technologies sector.
A selection committee composed of members of the Quebec life sciences sector and the Quebec scientific community will analyze the applications and select the three winners. The selection committee contribue to the promotion of an ecosystem based on equity, diversity and inclusion.
Applications should be submitted byMarch 1st, 2023 via the form online or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to check out the winners 2022 presentations here.
Deadline to enter: March 12, 2023 – Midnight
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Person with a researcher status in a research institution recognized by the FRQ, with a maximum of 10 years of cumulative demonstrated experience;
- Person who has developed innovative and distinctive service agreements with the local and/or international life sciences industry (Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnologies, Medical Technologies), for at least 2 years. Services can be: analytical models, validation, consulting, technical validation platform, specialized tests, etc.;
- Person actively involved for at least 2 years in a partnership with local and/or international industry for the development of an innovation in the life sciences sector;
- Person who has launched a company to commercialize research results.
- A $5000 monetary prize offered by our partner Gilead;
- An invitation to present their expertise, distinctive services, and partnership interests at EFFERVESCENCE, May 3 and 4, 2023;
- Visibility of the profile of the awarded researchers and their research projects on Montréal Invivo’s social networks and newsletter;
- A personalized training for the presentation of your project in the style of TED Talks.
Submit an application via the form online or by email to email@example.com.
Here are the criteria:
- A short biography, not to exceed 250 words, which will be suitable to publish ;
- A color photo of the candidate, high-resolution PNG format ;
- A cover letter from the nominee, not to exceed 500 words, explaining why he or she deserves to be named an EFFERVESCENCE Star ;
- A description of the distinctive services provided to the life sciences industry, or of the partnerships developed, including the period of realization, which demonstrates the innovative nature of the expertise, service, or product (2 pages maximum);
- The candidate’s CV in format of the Canadian Common CV (CCV) CIHR Academic (template here).
The deadline to apply will be Sunday, March 12 at midnight EST.