Are you thinking about participating in EFFERVESCENCE as a foreign delegation?
On this page, you will find information on accommodations and restaurants available around the event, as well as on the activities taking place during your upcoming stay.
Consult our various resources to help you get organized and enjoy the arrival of spring in Montreal!
Bright and bountiful signs of spring
The month of May marks the arrival of spring in Montreal and unfolds in a whirlwind of celebrations: hundreds of butterflies flutter at the Botanical Garden and musical swings chime in the Quartier des spectacles. The spring season heralds the return of a traditional sugar shack meal in a downtown cabane, the opening of the Jardins Gamelin, and much more!
While in Montreal, you can also take the opportunity to visit various museums, such as the Écomusée du fier monde, the Redpath Museum of McGill University, and the Montreal Science Centre.
The 3rd edition of EFFERVESCENCE – The Future of Life Sciences will take place once again at the Bonsecours Market in Montreal.
Recognized as one of the ten most beautiful heritage buildings in Canada, the Bonsecours Market is a must-see in Old Montreal. There are fifteen boutiques of artists, Quebec artisans – including the Conseil des métiers d’art du Québec, and restaurants and sidewalk cafés where you can enjoy a bite to eat and taste local Quebec products.
You can consult the map on the right to explore the different lodging options available in the area from May 3 to 4, 2023.
Restaurants in Old Montreal
The Old Montreal district offers a multiplicity of restaurants for all occasions and for all tastes!
- Fancy a coffee and pastry for breakfast? Try Le Petit Dep or Café Paquebot Vieux-Montréal!
- Looking for a quick and delicious lunch? We recommend Venice MTL or Le Cartet!
- Ready for a flavorful dinner? Try Maggie Oaks or Modavie!
- Looking for vegetarian options? You’ll find many choices at LOV McGill and Brasserie 701!
Did you know that Québec is :
- An exceptional hub bringing together key fields of expertise for the future: biopharmaceuticals, medical technologies, and digital health;
- A world leader in artificial intelligence and deep learning;
- A world-renowned hub of scientific excellence;
- A vast pool of talent ready to take on the next challenges in the health sector. Montreal has been named “Best Student City in America”;
- A favorable environment for financing: $1.68 billion in venture capital was raised by Quebec companies in 2019;
- A rapidly growing economy, with a 2.8% increase
- The largest producer of hydroelectricity in North America.