What is a braindate?
You are joining EFFERVESCENCE to meet great people and learn about new things. But how do you spark those meaningful conversations?
It all starts with a braindate.
Virtual braindates are knowledge-sharing conversations that you book with others to have one-on-one or in small groups, right here on Braindate. They’re the best way to connect with, learn from, and have terrific conversations with new people—all virtually.
Your next collaborator, mentor, or business partner is waiting to meet you. Find them on the EFFERVESCENCE #braindate platform!
Here’s what to do:
- Log into Braindate to create your profile – *The Braindate platform is exclusive to EFFERVESCENCE ticket holders.
- Explore the Topic Market: participants (and you, too!) post braindate topics here related to discussions they’d like to have with others during the event. You can invite anyone to meet based on their topic!
- Create topics: post braindate topics about discussions you’d like to have. This is your opportunity to share your knowledge, experiences, and expertise!
- Book your braindates: send invitations to meet others to discuss their topics, and accept the invitations you receive. Once confirmed, your braindates will take place virtually right on the platform.
How to host a meaningful braindate?
Braindates are not presentations, they are conversations that stem from a shared interest.
Whether it’s a one-on-one or group braindate, keep the following 5 tips in mind to lead a meaningful braindate for everyone involved:
- Make sure everyone introduces themselves and contributes to the discussion.
- Ask the participant(s) what interested them about the topic.
- Be transparent and honest about your own experience related to the topic: You don’t need to be an expert to lead a braindate.
- Don’t forget that everyone has something interesting they can add to the conversation: Adopt a beginner’s mindset.
- Don’t forget to share contact information. Many great relationships started with a simple conversation.