What is a braindate?
You are joining EFFERVESCENCE 2022 to meet great people and learn about new things. How do you spark those meaningful conversation? It all starts with a braindate.
Braindates are one-on-one or small group conversations based on topics posted by you and fellow participants in the Braindate Topic Market. They can be used to brainstorm, solve challenges, share expertise or experiences while meeting new (brilliant!) people.
Here’s what to do:
- Log into Braindate to create your profile: click here!
- Explore the Topic Market: participants (and you!) post Braindate Topics here related to discussions they’d like to have with others during the event. You can invite anyone to meet based on their topic!
- Create topics: post Braindate Topics about discussions you’d like to have. This is your opportunity to share your knowledge, experiences, and expertise!
- Book your braindates: send invitations to meet others to discuss their topics, and accept the invitations you receive. Once confirmed, your braindates will take place on-site at the Braindate Lounge starting May 10th, or virtually right on the platform!
Once at EFFERVESCENCE 2022, you’ll connect with your braindates in the B2B lounge, at Bonsecours Market, in Montréal, or virtually on the platform. Braindates ambassadors will be present to assist you.
Braindate is here to help! About learning concierges
Would you like advice on how to create a compelling braindate topic? Are you having trouble finding topics that are relevant to you? Do you have questions about how to use the Braindate platform?
We can help. At EFFERVESCENCE 2022, Learning Concierges (real humans – no bots here!) will be on call to support you in making the most out of your experience. Don’t hesitate to connect with one of them on button links here or on-site in the Braindate Lounge.
How to host a meaningful braindate?
Braindates are not presentations, they are conversations that stem from a shared interest.
Whether it’s a one-on-one or group braindate, keep the following 5 tips in mind to lead a meaningful braindate for everyone involved:
- Make sure everyone introduces themselves and contributes to the discussion.
- Ask the participant(s) what interested them about the topic.
- Be transparent and honest about your own experience related to the topic: You don’t need to be an expert to lead a braindate.
- Don’t forget that everyone has something interesting they can add to the conversation: Adopt a beginner’s mindset.
- Don’t forget to share contact information. Many great relationships started with a simple conversation.